The goal of the winter season is usually to stay as warm as possible until the temperatures become more bearable. But you shouldn’t forget about energy efficiency in the midst of this. We know chilly weather can make you want to throw efficiency out the window. Who cares about best practices for heater operation when you have frozen toes? However, bypassing those best practices can actually compromise your comfort.
What you want is to get the best effectiveness and efficiency from your heater at once this season. Not sure how to do that? We can help. Below we’ve provided guidelines to help you keep your home warm without it costing you an arm and a leg.
5 Ways to Get Energy-Efficient Heat
So how do you get effective heating power from your system without compromising energy efficiency? We have some great ways to help you do this:
- Keep the thermostat settings moderate. It can be tempting to try to push your indoor temperature as high as possible when you feel cold. However, this isn’t going to help get things warmer any faster. It will create additional stress for your system though. Instead, try to keep your thermostat setting moderate at a temperature around 68°F. This offers the best combination of efficiency and comfort.
- Make sure there is no place for warm air to escape. Air leaks are a pain because they can hinder your home comfort a lot even though they are small. Windows and doors with air leaks need to be sealed up in order to ensure hot air stays indoors where it belongs. Make sure that no one is leaving any doors or windows open either!
- Change the air filter. The air filter for your heater is responsible for keeping dirt and debris out of the heating system. Make sure to change out your filter every one to three months in order to keep airflow into the heater strong and clean.
- Layer up and use the heat you have. Don’t be the person in the house wearing shorts and complaining that they are cold. Layers can be your friend! Break out your long-sleeve shirts or favorite sweats and some comfy leggings or joggers to help you feel a little warmer. Those thicker layers will allow you to feel warmer, which will reduce your demands on the heater. Likewise, use the heat you have such as sunlight to help keep the home warm.
- Schedule regular heating system services. Last but not least, make sure you give your heating system a hand by scheduling heating maintenance in Jackson, MS, repairs, and other services in a timely manner. These services can help your system operate more effectively and efficiently.
Need maintenance or repairs for your heating systems? Don’t trust this service to anyone other than a professional. If you are in the Jackson area and need professional services for your heating system, you can come to us.
Contact Environment Masters, Inc. to schedule your next appointment. Service within hours, not days. Guaranteed.