Water Conservation Tips for the Home
As a homeowner in Jackson, you may be wondering what you can do to employ water conservation methods in your home without sacrificing your comfort or quality of life. At Environment Masters, we are a complete plumbing service in Jackson offering leak detection, plumbing repair and conservation devices for all types of homes. In addition, we offer helpful advice to all of our residential customers about ways you can conserve water in your home.
1. Check your fixtures and pipes for leaks. Small leaks may be difficult to detect, which is why the assistance of a professional plumber can help with this problem.
2. Install low-flow devices on your shower head, faucets and toilet. If you are unsure of how to do this, our professional plumbers will install them for you.
3. Put a brick or plastic water bottle filled with water into your toilet tank. This reduces the amount of water used for each flush.
4. Time your showers. Limit each family member to a 5 minute shower or even shorter.
5. Turn off the water while washing your hands, brushing your teeth, or shaving. Only turn the water back on when you are ready to rinse.
6. Collect cold water as you wait for the water to warm. Use that water for your plants, to flush the toilet or for cleaning.
7. Avoid letting the faucet run while you wait for the water to get cold. Keep a bottle of cold water in your refrigerator for drinking purposes.
8. Fill a basin and wash dishes by hand rather than letting the water continuously run during the washing and rinsing phases. Or, use a low-flow energy efficient dishwasher to do dishes.
The rates for water are likely to continue to increase, as the demand grows and the supply dwindles. By employing conservation methods, you can still enjoy doing the things you are used to without paying an astronomical water bill. For professional assistance with plumbing line repairs, leaks or installation of water conserving devices for your home, call our professional plumbers at Environment Masters at 601-353-4681 for prompt assistance.