Air Conditioning & Heating
Indoor Air Quality
- Air Conditioning
- Bathroom & Kitchen Plumbing
Water Filtration Systems
- Emergency Plumbing
Water Leak Detection
- Gas Piping
- Drain and Sewer Cleaning
- Sewer Lines
- Video Pipe Inspection
- Automatic Shut-Off Valves
- Sump Pumps
- Backflow Prevention
- Pay My Bill
- Coronavirus Update
Home » Air Conditioning & Heating » Air Conditioning » Thermostats
Much is made of having the right climate control system installed in your home, and we agree that it’s an important factor in your comfort. However, it doesn’t really matter what kind of climate control system you have if you don’t have a reliable thermostat to control it. The thermostat is the core of any climate control system, and it has quite a bit of impact when it comes to how efficiently things run.
If you haven’t given much thought to your thermostat before, now is the time. You should also find a contractor you can trust to handle it for you. We offer a full range of thermostat services throughout Jackson, MS. If you need a new thermostat or services for a broken one, contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our experts.
Why Having the Right Thermostat is Important
As we mentioned above, what kind of thermostat you have has a big impact on how well your various climate control systems operate. Don’t believe us? Think about these factors:
- How often do you need to adjust your thermostat? If you need to frequently alter your climate control to suit your needs, a purely manual system may not be the best thing for you.
- How many thermostats do you have? Using one thermostat works for many homes, but it does have a couple of drawbacks. It might be that you would be better served by using multiple thermostats scattered across the house.
- How old is your thermostat? Thermostats wear out as they age, just like pretty much every other system in existence. If your thermostat hasn’t been upgraded in the last decade or two, it’s definitely time to install a new one. You’ll save lots of money in the process, both by switching to a more efficient system and by using newer technology.
Types of Thermostats We Install in Jackson, MS
There are many different kinds of thermostats available on the market, too many for us to list in detail here. However, there are certainly a few common ones whose benefits we could list.
- Wireless Thermostats: As we hinted at above, the old days of everyone just using one thermostat for their climate control are long over. If you want to extend the effective range of your thermostat, and make it more accurate in the process, you can consider installing a wireless thermostat. Wireless thermostats involve one central thermostat, along with a number of wireless satellite units. The central thermostat is wired into the climate control system, just like a normal thermostat. The satellite units, though, can be carried from room to room. When a satellite unit detects that it need climate control, it sends a signal back to the central thermostat and activates the appropriate system.
- Smart Thermostats: Smart thermostats may seem like a standard digital thermostat, but they’re so much more. A smart thermostat will actually learn from your climate control habits. A couple of weeks after thermostat installation, the system will actually be able to adjust itself according to your climate control habits. This prevents wasted energy in situations like when people are not at home.
If you need thermostat installation or replacement, call Environment Masters, Inc. today. Trusted. Since 1957.