Air Conditioning & Heating
Indoor Air Quality
- Air Conditioning
- Bathroom & Kitchen Plumbing
Water Filtration Systems
- Emergency Plumbing
Water Leak Detection
- Gas Piping
- Drain and Sewer Cleaning
- Sewer Lines
- Video Pipe Inspection
- Automatic Shut-Off Valves
- Sump Pumps
- Backflow Prevention
- Pay My Bill
- Coronavirus Update
Home » Air Conditioning & Heating » Indoor Air Quality » Air Filtration Systems and Air Purifiers
You may not know it, but every time you take a breath you’re exposing your body to millions upon millions of different microscopic airborne contaminants. Most of these contaminants aren’t dangerous, especially not in low concentrations. In higher concentrations, though, and in an enclosed environment like the average home, they can become quite a problem.
If you want to keep your indoor air quality high, it’s a good idea to install an air filtration or air purification system in your home. Environment Masters, Inc. installs and services a wide range of different air filters and purifiers throughout Jackson, MS. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our air quality experts. Trusted. Since 1957.
Types of Air Filtration and Air Purifier Systems
There are a wide range of air filtration and air purifier systems available on the market, including:
- Air Filters: Air filtration systems are simple enough, compared to other types of purifiers. However, they’re quite effective. An air filter is essentially just a fiber mesh, one that is stretched across a section of the ducts in your home. All air that flows through the ducts will flow through the air filter, and any contaminants it carries will be snared by the fibers. The filter just needs to be changed every few months, in order to prevent it from becoming clogged.
- Ionization Purifiers: An ionization purifier uses clouds of ions to draw contaminants out of the air. As a contaminant comes into contact with the ion cloud, it becomes heavier and heavier until it drops out of the air. The contaminants collect on metal plates in the purifier, which can then be removed to be cleaned.
- UV Air Purifiers: Essentially large lightbulbs, UV air purifiers put out a large amount of ultraviolet light to kill or sterilize germs and mold spores. These reduce the chances of you becoming infected.
There are plenty of other air filtration and purifier systems, of course. However, we don’t have nearly enough space to discuss them all here. If you have questions about any of the systems we install, call us to speak to one of our professionals.
Which System Is Right for You?
Now comes the real question: which air filter or air purifier is right for you? That all depends on your individual situation. The best thing to do is to have a professional evaluate your home before making a decision about which system to install. Air filters are great for a lot of situations, because they don’t require power and capture a lot of different contaminants. Powered systems like ionization purifiers are also effective, though they require a bit more of an investment to account for their additional operating requirements.
Regardless of the air filter or purifier that you choose, though, we’re here to make sure that you get everything you need. Environment Masters, Inc. offers comprehensive air filtration and purifier services throughout Jackson, MS. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our indoor air quality experts. We will make sure that your indoor air quality stays as high as possible.