Air Conditioning & Heating
Indoor Air Quality
- Air Conditioning
- Bathroom & Kitchen Plumbing
Water Filtration Systems
- Emergency Plumbing
Water Leak Detection
- Gas Piping
- Drain and Sewer Cleaning
- Sewer Lines
- Video Pipe Inspection
- Automatic Shut-Off Valves
- Sump Pumps
- Backflow Prevention
- Pay My Bill
- Coronavirus Update
Home » Air Conditioning & Heating » Indoor Air Quality
Now that we’re all spending more time at home, we want the healthiest home we can. Environment Masters, Inc. offers solutions that will have you breathing clean, allergen-free air! Air Scrubber or iWave Air Purifier - Both of these products kill mold, bacteria & viruses as well as reducing allergens (such as pollen and pet dander), odors and smoke! The iWave kills 99% of mold, bacteria & viruses in the air, the Air Scrubber does the same thing PLUS kills them on surfaces. One of our trained technicians will install directly into your heating and cooling system.
- The iWave kills 99% of mold, bacteria & viruses in the air. No maintenance ever.
- The Air Scrubber kills 99% of mold, bacteria & viruses in the air PLUS kills them on surfaces. Maintenance required every 2 years.
Another effective way to clean your indoor air is by sanitizing your indoor evaporator coils. We use a special disinfectant that kills bacteria and viruses, and specifically addresses Corona viruses. Since AC evaporator coils dehumidify the air, they're often slightly damp and can collect dirt, dust, pollen and other bacteria, so it’s important to keep them clean.
Trust Environment Masters, Inc. to handle all of your indoor air quality needs. No matter what your IAQ situation is, we can improve it for you. Contact us today to schedule indoor air quality services in Jackson, MS and the surrounding area.
Why You Should Take Steps to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
Ah, spring in Mississippi, or maybe we should say Ah-choo! We know the drill, a fine, yellow-green dust coats cars, porches, sidewalks and we know - allergy season has entered the building. So, we’ve already said that poor indoor air quality can seriously affect your health and comfort. How does it do that, though? Well, there are a couple of main contributors to bad indoor air quality, and each has its own effect on you:
- Airborne Contaminants: Microscopic airborne contaminants like dust, dirt, pollen, dander, germs, and mold spores are very common in homes across the country. Prolonged exposure to these kinds of contaminants, especially in a home environment where there may not be as much fresh air flowing, can cause all kinds of issues including allergy attacks and flu. Air purifier systems can help you deal with this.
- Humidity Imbalances: Our bodies are mostly comprised of water, and as such we rely on a certain amount of humidity in the air in order to keep operating in a healthy way. If the air is too humid, your body will not be able to keep cool as easily. It will also promote mold growth throughout the house. If the air is too dry, your skin will crack and make you more susceptible to infection. Humidifiers and dehumidifiers are designed to correct these imbalances.
The Importance of IAQ Services
Jackson has made the list again as one of the most challenging places to live with spring allergies!* And if you’ve got allergies, you know Spring pollen is just the beginning: Besides summer and fall pollen, you’re also breathing dust, mold, mildew, bacteria, viruses, pet dander - not to mention Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
And that’s just inside your house. It’s a fact: The EPA estimates that indoor air is up to 5 times (and sometimes as high as 100 times) more polluted than outdoor air. Ewww!
If you want to reduce allergy attacks as much as possible, you should take advantage of our indoor air quality services. Our systems can help dramatically reduce the pollen count in your home, so that you don’t have to suffer through allergy season nearly as much.
Jackson, MS Indoor Air Quality Services
We provide a wide range of indoor air quality services throughout Jackson, MS, including:
- Air Filtration Systems and Air Purifiers: Air filters and air purifiers are designed to strain a variety of airborne contaminants out of your air supply. How they do this depends on the model. You should consult with us to determine the best air filtration or purifier system for your needs.
- Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers: If the air in your home is too dry, or too humid, one of these systems is the solution. Humidifiers add humidity to your home’s air, while dehumidifiers sap excess humidity.
- Duct Testing and Sealing: The ducts in your home are an integral part of both effective climate control and maintaining indoor air quality. You should make sure to have your ducts tested for leaks every few years, and sealed if necessary.
- Heat and Energy Recovery Ventilators: Heat and energy recovery ventilators are designed to introduce fresh air into the home, without compromising climate control.
- UV Air Purifiers: Rather than physically removing contaminants from the air, UV air purifiers use ultraviolet light to cleanse the air of bio–infectious contaminants like germs and mold spores.